This qualification is designed to be an introduction to the principles of Risk Assessment. It covers why risk assessments are necessary including the main causes of workplace fatalities, injuries and ill health, the role of risk assessment in the prevention of accidents and ill health and simple processes for carrying out risk assessment.
It is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic things they can do to control it.
These include why risk assessments are necessary for ensuring health and safety standards in the workplace and the principles of risk assessment.
Successful learners will have to achieve a minimum pass mark of 9 correct answers (60%). Learners who achieve a pass mark of 12 (80%) correct answers or above will achieve a Merit. + Digital Certificate
What Will You Learn?
- 1. Understand why risk assessment are necessary for ensuring health and safety standards in the workplace.
- 1.1 Define key terms associated with risk assessment in the workplace.
- 1.2 State the main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health.
- 1.3 Outline the main reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work.
- 1.4 Outline the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention.
- 2. Understand the principles of risk assessment.
- 2.1 Outline the requirements for risk assessment.
- 2.2 Outline a simple process for undertaking a risk assessment.
- 2.3 Outline a method that can be used to prioritise risks.
- 2.4 Outline requirements for providing information on the results of risk assessments.
M0: Course Introduction10:00
M1: Introduction to Health and Safety01:00:00
M2: Risk Assessment Process01:15:00
M3: Risk Controls01:30:00
M4: Understanding Hazards01:45:00
Risk Assessment – Mock Exam
Risk Assessment Mock Exam45:00