The Highfield Level 1 International Award in Principles of Health and Safety is a qualification developed by Highfield, the Middle East’s leading supplier of compliance-based qualifications.
The qualification has been designed with sector experts specifically for international learners who wish to have a better understanding of health and safety issues. The qualification takes into account recognised best-practice principles of health and safety and allows learners to identify hazards and risks involved in the workplace, know the benefits of maintaining a tidy and well organised setting and state the importance of personal hygiene. The qualification provides an excellent basis for international learners who may wish to undertake further health and safety qualifications.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto:
• Highfield Level 1 International Award in Safe Moving and Handling.
• Highfield Level 1 International Award in Fire Safety Awareness.
• Highfield Level 2 International Award in Health and Safety.
• Highfield Level 2 International Award in Fire Safety.
• Highfield Level 2 International Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
Learners will sit a 30-minutes multiple-choice examination containing 15 questions and must achieve at least 9 questions correctly to be awarded a Pass. Learners achieving 12 or more correct answers will be awarded a Distinction.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand the importance of health and safety
- Understand the scope of hazards and risks
- Understand the range of conditions that can affect health and safety
- Understand the important health and safety procedures at workplace
1. Understand the importance of health and safety
1.1 State the main responsibilities of employees and employers in health and safety00:00
1.2 Define the key terms used in health and safety00:00