This qualification has been developed for learners working in any environment, who will have a job role involving work at height activities.
The aim of the qualification is to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential when working at height. Achievement of this qualification will enable learners to understand the risks associated with working at height, the requirements of a safe system of work, requirements for correctly selecting and using equipment safely, following the correct techniques.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto:
• Highfield Level 2 International Award in Work at Height.
• Highfield Level 2 International Award in Health and Safety for Construction Supervisors.
• Highfield Level 2 International Award in Risk Assessment.
• Highfield Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment (RQF).
• Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and safety within the work place (RQF).
Learners will sit a 30-minutes multiple-choice examination containing 15 questions and must achieve at least 9 (60%) questions correctly to be awarded a Pass. Learners achieving 12 (80%) or more correct answers will be awarded a Distinction.
What Will You Learn?
- Describe the risks of working at height, how to plan and employ a safe system of work and use the access equipment
- Understand the hazards and risks when working at height
1. Describe the risks of working at height, how to plan and employ a safe system of work and use the access equipment
1.1 Identify the key points of planning work at height00:00
1.2 List the hierarchy for working at height00:00
1.3 State the requirements for a safe system to prevent falls whilst working at height00:00
1.4 State the types of roof surfaces that may be fragile00:00
1.5 Identify hazards associated with voids and holes00:00
1.6 List the types of equipment that can be used and the associated hazards00:00
2. Understand the hazards and risks when working at height
2.1 Conduct a hazard spotting exercise for a work at height activity00:00
2.2 Know when to cease work if risks change00:00