This qualification has been developed for learners working in any environment who will have a job role involving work in confined space activities. Learners gaining this qualification will understand the roles and responsibilities of individuals, requirements of a safe system of work when working in confined spaces, selecting and using appropriate safety equipment safely.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto:
• Highfield Level 1 International Award in the Principles of Health and Safety at Work.
• Highfield Level 1 International Award in Health and Safety for Construction Operatives and Site Visitors.
• Highfield Level 1 Award in the Principles of Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF).
• Highfield Level 2 Award in Health & Safety within the Workplace (RQF).
• Highfield Level 2 International Award in Risk Assessment.
Learners will sit a 30-minutes multiple-choice examination containing 15 questions and must achieve at least 9 (60%) questions correctly to be awarded a Pass. Learners achieving 12 (80%) or more correct answers will be awarded a Distinction.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand Health and safety hazards associated with working in confined spaces
- Understand duties of employers, entrants, attendants and entry supervisors
- Understand the requirements for Confined space rescue
1. Understand Health and safety hazards associated with working in confined spaces
1.1 State what is classified as a confined space00:00
1.2 State the main dangers of a confined space00:00
1.3 State the requirements for a safe system of work for confined spaces00:00
1.4 Identify the key points of planning a safe system of work00:00
1.5 List the documentation that supports a safe system of work for confined spaces00:00
1.6 Know when to cease work if risks change00:00