This qualification is aimed at labour camps or staff accommodation supervisors and managers with a direct responsibility for the health and safety management or learners wishing to become accommodation managers/supervisors.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that supervisors and managers have legal and moral obligations to ensure health and safety within the accommodation/camps and that this includes obligations to employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers.
This qualification will help learners gain an understanding of various aspects of health and safety, and how they can regularly assess hazards and implement corrective actions to create comfortable, clean and safe accommodation.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto:
• Highfield Level 3 International Award in Accident and Incident Investigation
• Highfield Level 4 International Award in Health and Safety qualification
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination containing 45 questions. The exam must be completed in 90 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge across the unit content and correctly answer 27 questions or more to achieve a pass, 32 questions to achieve a merit and 36 questions to achieve a distinction.
What Will You Learn?
- 1. The key infrastrucutre requirments
- 2. Safe utilities requirments
- 3. Maintenance of fire safety
- 4. Electrical safety
- 5. Food safety
- 6. Pest and waste management systems
- 7. Cleaning and disinfection procedures
- 8. Procedures of control of spread of infection and responsibilites of the supervisors to conduct routine inspection of the premises, to record and report any health and safety hazards.
1. Understand the requirements of health and safety in staff accommodation and/or camps
1.1 Explain the duties and responsibilities of management, employees and accommodation supervisors in relation to maintaining health and safety in staff accommodation and/or camps00:00
1.2 Explain the moral, social and economic reasons for maintaining and promoting good health and safety standards in staff accommodation and/or camps00:00